History of the Firm

Dr. P. D Theodorides the founder of the firmView from Dr. Theodorides' office at Philhellinon Street, where the firm was located until it moved to its present location in 1976

 

The Firm, which started as a solo practice, was founded by Dr. Panagiotis Theodorides in 1920 and is one of the oldest Trademark and Patent Firms in Greece.

 

 

 

The Firm specialises in all aspects of Intellectual Property Law, primarily Patents, Trademarks, Industrial Designs, Copyright, Domain Names, Unfair Competition, Licensing and all related litigation.

Over the past 90 years, the Firm has grown steadily to become the largest Firm of its kind in Greece.

Dr. Helen Papaconstantinou joined the firm in 1965, became a full partner in 1971, and has been heading the firm since 1986.

In order to better serve its clients and maintain a competitive practice covering the broad spectrum of Intellectual Property Law, the firm evolved into two distinct branches in 1996, the one under the old firm name LAW OFFICE DR. P.D. THEODORIDES – DR. H.G. PAPACONSTANTINOU covering - broadly speaking -Trademarks, Domain Names, Copyright, Customs Monitoring Procedures and all Intellectual Property related litigation and the other under the name DR. HELEN G. PAPACONSTANTINOU, JOHN V. FILIAS AND ASSOCIATES, Business Consultants, S.A. covering Patents, Industrial Designs, Utility Models and all related activities and consulting.

Over the past few years, the Firm has expanded its Legal Services to cover all aspects of Intellectual Property Law, including New Media and Technology Law, Internet Law and specific areas of Corporate Law.

 

The firm's staff in the early fifties

 

A more detailed account of the firm, its creation by Dr. P. D. Theodorides in 1920 and growth, along with material from the firm's long history, is available in the following 1995 Brochure, which was created in 1995 in order to celebrate the firms 75th anniversary at the time.

On the occasion of the 95th anniversary of Dr. P. D. Theodorides - Dr. H. G. Papaconstantinou Law OfficeDr. Helen Papaconstantinou, Head of the Office since 1986 and Founder of the company Dr. Helen Papaconstantinou, John Filias & Associates, is pleased to announce that, with effect from the 1st of October 2015, the two practices merged into one legal entity, the Law Firm:  Dr. Helen G. Papaconstantinou and Partners.